At MyBudgetFile Inc., (as follows, “MBF,” “we” or “us”) we are devoted to providing our clients with unprecedented service. Providing this service involves the collection, use, and disclosure of some personal information about our clients, and protecting their personal information is our highest priority. This includes any information we may share with contractors, subcontractors or any agents we require in the usual and ordinary course of business.
While we have always respected our clients’ privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of a number of laws and legislation. We are compliant with:
- Alberta – Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA),
- Canada – Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Alberta – FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT (FOIP)
- Saskatchewan – The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (LAFOIP)
- British Columbia – Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA)
- Massachusetts – 201 CMR 17.00: Standards for the protection of personal information of residents of the Commonwealth
- Utah – Protection of Personal Information Act (PPIA)
- Any other regulation that may pertain to clients in other jurisdictions with whom we form a relationship
Furthermore, all personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of in conformity with the commitments in this policy and with criteria outlined in the Generally Accepted Privacy Principles issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).
We will inform our clients of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent wherever required, and reasonably handle their personal information.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with all applicable laws and legislation, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting our clients’ personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our clients’ personal information and allowing our clients the ability to request access to, and correct their personal information.